Account Terms & Conditions
1. TITLE: Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk, property in and title to the goods shall remain with the Supplier until the supplier has received payment of the full price of (a) all goods and/or services the subject of the contract and (b) all other goods and/or services supplier by the supplier to the buyer under and contract whatsoever. Payment of the full price shall include, without limitation, the amount of any interest or other sum payable under the terms of this and all other contracts between the supplier and buyer.
2. PAYMENT: Customers to whom credit facilities have been granted must settle accounts within the period agreed and stipulated on the invoice. Effective two weeks from the due date, the supplier reserves the right to change interest at 5% over the base rate of the supplier’s bankers in default of payments on the due date. We may require you to sign a direct debit mandate in our favour as a condition of granting or maintaining credit facilities.
3. PAYMENT DISCOUNTS: We operate a discount structure for setting up Direct Debit payments on the following payment terms:
• 2.5% Discount on invoice amount for PAYMENTS PRIOR TO DELIVERY
• 2.0% Discount on invoice amount for DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENTS 7 DAYS FROM INVOICE DATE
• 1.5% Discount on invoice amount for DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENTS 14 DAYS FROM INVOICE DATE
4. CREDIT CHECK: We may make a search with a credit reference agency, which will keep a record of that search and will share information with other businesses. We may also make enquiries about Principal Directors with a credit reference agency. Only after a credit check has been carried out will be agree credit terms with the customer and set a credit limit. Until any credit has been approved all goods must be paid for on a pro forma basis.
5. RECOVERY COSTS: The client will be responsible for all reasonable cost incurred in the recovery of any outstanding balance (including the employment of a debt collection agency and all potential legal costs)
6. RETURNS: Goods are NOT supplied on a ‘Sale or Return’ basis unless agreement has been made in writing prior to delivery.
7. STOCK DATE: All stock delivered to the buyer will have a minimum of 1 months date left until the ‘Best Before’ date passes. If the date is within a month of passing the Best Before date, the Supplier will inform the buyer in writing and a discount will be agreed between the parties. Once agreed the supplier no longer has responsibility for that stock going past its date while in the possession of the buyer and will not accept returns of this stock.
8. DELIVERY: A delivery window and day will be given to the buyer at the beginning of this contract. If there are changes to this delivery day, the supplier will notify the buyer in writing. Any specific delivery requirements must be given to the supplier in writing 48 hours prior to the first delivery and within 48 hours of any subsequent deliveries if circumstances have changed. The supplier will notify the buyer of any change of delivery day due to any reason within 48 hours of the original delivery day
9. OFF DAY DELIVERY: If a buyer requires a delivery outside of their normal delivery day then an off day delivery charge will apply at £2.50 per case and £10.00 per 30L keg. All off day deliveries will be a curb side drop and the supplier can not guarantee the stock to be dropped into a cellar.
10. FAILED DELIVERY:
a. If the supplier delivers within this time window and the buyer is not there to take delivery of the stock then the supplier reserves the right to charge a failed delivery charge of £7.50 per keg and £4 per case to cover the costs of the transport vehicle.
b. If the buyer refuses delivery for items they have ordered the supplier reserves the right to charge a failed delivery fee of £7.50 per keg and £4 per case
11. DAMAGED STOCK: If stock is damaged in transit or while being dropped onto a drop matt the buyer must not take delivery of this stock and must clearly mark on the delivery notes the stock which was damaged. Once the delivery note is signed, the buyer accepts that all stock is in sellable condition.
12. DELIVERY AREAS: Our policy, due to risk of injury to drivers, staff and property, is that all products will only normally be delivered to ground level or dropped into a cellar via a cellar hatch. Other delivery points may be requested, but the customer agrees to indemnify the Supplier in respect to any injury, loss or damage arising from deliveries other than to the ground level or via a cellar hatch.
13. ULLAGE: We can only replace or otherwise give a credit for ullage where we are notified promptly of the fault and agree that the beer is unsaleable. Usually, we will require the return of the suspect goods. Credit will only be given once the products brewery issues a credit to the supplier first. Products that have less than half of their original volume or have passed their best before date will not be considered for an ullage credit.